Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

My Cockle And Pipi Hunt by Destiny

On Sunday my family looked for cockles, pipis and oysters down at Kawakawa Bay and Maraetai. Then we went home and had a massive hangi and cheese cake for dinner.

  My mum and two uncles went fishing while we got the shellfish. We got one hundred pipis and cockles each. My mum and uncles caught five snapper. Later we drove down to Maraetai and my uncles swam in the water while finding oysters. We waited so long that we decided to have a swim in the sea, but it didn’t last long.

  When they came back we went home and cooked dinner. My uncle boiled the cockles so they all opened. Then they made the hangi and put the oysters and pipis in a bowl. My sisters and I ate the cockles, pipis and hangi, but we weren’t allowed to have any oysters. It was delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.