Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

A Child Mayor?

A 5 year old child named Bobby Tufts was mayor of a small town called Dorset in Minnesota. He had been running the town for two years but lost the election to 16 year old Eric Mueller.
  
Bobby was only three when he won the election. The town only has 28 people and is known for a having tourists and no official government. The mayor is chosen from names in a box at the Taste of Dorset Festival. They pay $1 for each vote.
     

Bobby mayor says the first time he was mayor he declared to be at the top of an ice-cream food pyramid and raise money for the Ronald Mcdonald House Charities. He enjoyed it but he now has to give the job to Eric.  

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Destiny, I really enjoyed reading your blog post about that 5 year old mayor. He is really lucky to be mayor at that kind of age. I wish I was a mayor around that kind of age!
    When you grow up would you like to be a mayor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really like to be mayor. I would get people to make me the biggest ice-cream! Thank you for commenting.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.